June 28, 2021

Man accused of touching young girls at playground ‘doing well’ on bail | The Courier

Man accused of touching young girls at playground 'doing well' on bail | The Courier


news, latest-news,

A man who is on bail for allegedly sexually assaulting two young girls at a Ballarat playground is engaging well with support services, a court has heard. Fraser Shillington, 21, was charged with intentionally sexually touching a 10-year-old and 12-year-old at Little Clyde Street Park on March 17. He allegedly approached the girls while they were playing and asked if they had seen his lost dog. He is accused of touching one of the girls on the breast area and one on the breast and vagina area through the clothing. IN OTHER NEWS The girls told their parents after Shillington ran away from the park wearing a face mask and a grey hoodie. Police were notified and Shillington was identified from CCTV footage and arrested on March 30. He was granted bail on April 9. The court heard Shillington had no prior convictions and had not previously come to the attention of police. Defence lawyer David Tamanika told the Ballarat Magistrates’ Court on Monday Shillington had been fully compliant with the Court Integrated Services Program while on bail. He said Shillington was doing ‘very well’ and was ‘engaged with a number of services’. Mr Tamanika said the case was ‘nearly at the stage to book it in for a plea’. Shillington appeared at court via an audio link for the case mention. He will return to court in July. If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat’s story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/rochelle.kirkham/cc32576e-0d82-437c-9fae-907a21a1eb5b.jpg/r0_15_352_214_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg





Click Here To Read Original Story